Group Pro-D Opportunities for SD 69 Teachers
This 8-week professional development group training program is designed for male teachers to develop greater freedom and satisfaction within their practice by strengthening their current abilities and learning new skills within a group setting.
As opposed to a one day pro-d experience, this eight week training program will provide you with the support and opportunity to practice and integrate the new skills you will be learning.
Overview of the topics to be covered during the 8 weeks includes:
- Exploring and developing the use of the non-violent communication model (Marshall Rosenberg) which will:
- Improve your ability to listen more fully with your students
- Gain greater insight into the feelings and needs of your students
- Increased confidence in your ability in responding to the needs of your students
- Increased understanding on methods of communicating with students through the study of new brain research (inter-personal neurobiology)
- Exploring your personal responses to conflict and your beliefs connected with your responses
- Strategies to deal more effectively with conflict and stress in your work as an educator, balancing your abilities to be both assertiveness and compassion.
- Examining and practicing the use of “Mindfulness” training and techniques to strengthen your individual management of stress
- Encouraging healthy risk taking
- Time for personal reflection and the integration of material covered
Time: Tuesday evenings 7 – 9:00 pm.
Place: Qualicum Beach Commons (old library) Costs: $350
Contact: David Osborn 250-951-5211 or firstname.lastname@example.org